Private Duty Nursing Care
Private Duty Nursing Care
Private Duty Nursing
Caring for a child with special needs can be challenging and even stressful. At Priority Home Health Care Inc, we work closely with families like yours to meet your needs and incorporate your goals in developing and carrying out your child’s treatment plan. With care, compassion, and clinical excellence, we give each child the greatest opportunity to reach their optimal health and well-being.
Care with the compassion, excellence, and reliability you want
Your Priority Home Health Care team is carefully selected with your child and your family in mind. We make it a priority to match your child with nurses who are not only trained to provide the specialized care your child needs, but who are most likely to fit with your family on a personal level as well. Depending on your child’s plan of care and your insurance coverage, we can provide one-on-one nursing — also called Private Duty Nursing or PDN — up to 24 hours a day, giving you peace of mind while you sleep, work, and do all the things you need to do.
We can help your child with a wide range of nursing care including:
- Monitoring and intervention for critical, unstable airways
- Assistance with eating
- Management of bowel or bladder conditions
- Administering and monitoring medication
- Premature and high-risk infant care
- Respiratory treatments
- Tracheostomy and ventilator care
- Neurological disease management
- Cancer care
- Post-surgical care
- Catheter care
- Gastric tube care
- Asthma care
- Diabetes management
- Seizure disorder monitoring
Traumatic brain injury care
When you call us:
- On day one, our Director of Nursing will come to your home to perform an initial assessment and fill out the paperwork that will be required to start care. This includes your Plan of Care, your Medication Profile, and any other information that may be needed.
- Priority home health Care Inc will send a nurse to your home within 24hrs after the initial assessment to provide care to your loved one, communicate with your Doctor when necessary, help teach you how to care for your child, and assist you with your other medical care needs.
- The home care nurse will document on hourly bases the care given to your child. And at the end of shift, you will sign the notes. You will be involved as much as you can in your child’s care.
Skilled Nursing Visits & Respite Care
Skilled Nursing Visits
Unlike private duty nursing, a skilled nursing visit is not a full nursing shift. An RN or LPN/LVN will come to the home to administer medications, clean dressings, and check certain vital signs, along with other similar nursing procedures. Depending on the care needed and the physician orders, a patient may receive multiple visits a day or just a few each week.
Sometimes the responsibilities of being a caregiver overshadow other aspects of life. Respite care from Priority Home Health Care Inc allows you to have some time for yourself, whether you want to go out to dinner, visit friends, or just get away, relax, and recharge.
Depending on your child’s needs, a trusted nurse or home health aide can provide care for your child while you’re away. We’ll work with you to determine if respite services are covered by waiver program or alternate funding. Private pay options may be available.
School Nursing Care
Nursing care during the school day
Pediatric Home health Care Nurses and Home Health Aides are experienced and specially trained to provide one-on-one care to your child at school, giving you peace of mind that your child is in good hands while away from home. Depending on your child’s specific needs, our care at school may include:
- Accompanying the child on the bus or van to and from school
- Providing one-on-one nursing throughout the school day, including administering medications and treatments, tracheostomy and ventilator care, and any other medical care as needed.
- Assisting a child with classroom activities as appropriate
- Working with the school team in a way that will benefit the child.
- One-on-one support on field trips
- Assisting with personal care tasks, like toileting and help with feeding.
- Facilitating classroom tasks such as turning pages or working on a computer.
For Children Needing Help with Activities of Daily Living
Priority Home Health Care can provide personal care services in the comfort and convenience of your home. These services are provided by our trained and compassionate home health aides. These non-medical, in-home concierge services include aiding with bathing, meal preparation, and mobility, among others. Let Priority Home Health Care step in and take some of the burden off you as a parent and provide the necessary relief as your care partner of choice.
Our personal car staff can help your child with:
- Activities of daily living (includes feeding, grooming, maintaining continence, personal hygiene, etc.)
- Bathing, toileting, dressing
- Meal preparation, feeding assistance, and nutrition consulting
- Mobility assistance, including walking and transferring (such as moving from bed to wheelchair)
- Respite care
- Medication reminders
- Home Safety
- Light housekeeping
A Good Fit for Your Family
Priority Home Health Care Inc takes your family lifestyle and preferences into account when matching our personal care aides and caregivers with your child. We understand that having someone in your home for hours a day, and often multiple days a week, requires a high level of flexibility and established trust between your family and our employees. We know that the first time a caregiver comes into your home, it can feel invasive and uncomfortable. You might not know how your family can be themselves with someone else in the home. We are here to alleviate that concern right from the start. Rest assured; Priority home Health Care take its commitment very seriously in selecting the best care team and best fit for your family.
We want the Priority Home Health Care Inc caregivers in your home to feel like an extension of your family and to get along with you personally, so that your family can live, work, play, and care for your child in the most comfortable environment possible.
[us_message icon=”fal|location”]Our ultimate goal is to help your child achieve independence Priority Home Health Care Inc’s personal care services will enable your child to receive customized care services, specific to their exact needs, in the comfort of your home. These services work to maintain safety, dignity, and independence, as well as avoiding unnecessary hospitalizations, which can be difficult or stressful for your child and your family.
Transitioning To Adulthood
Smooth Transition from Adolescence to Adulthood
As your child grows and develops, care needs often evolve, too. We believe continuity of care is best for any child and as part of a comprehensive home health care company, Priority Home Health Care can seamlessly transition your child from pediatric to adult care services.
Working closely with our Priority Home health Care adult staff, your child’s care team can ensure that your child’s adolescence to adulthood transition is smooth and successful. We can even help you navigate changing insurances, physicians, and community supports.
For true consistency, all the employees currently providing care to your child are given the opportunity to transition with your child, so that there’s no disruption to the home care services. You and your child can remain with the caregivers who understand your child’s needs best, and who have come to know your family over the years.